Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Custer State Park | Rapid City

And the rest from our drive through Custer State Park! Apparently we got lucky seeing all these animals, the few people I have talked to have said they never saw all the different animals on one day!

Turned off on the road to get in and first thing, saw these white tails. Of course the kids wanted to stop and watch each and every moving creature. :) They all just LOVED watching all the prairie dogs dash from one hole to the next, standing up, making noises at each other etc! The only thing I didn't get a picture of.


The animals mixed in with all the beautiful scenery, made the perfect day!

Also saw lots of white tail Bucks.


Couple of the dirt roads along our travels.

First site of the Buffalo Herd!

Watch out for these guys! We had our windows down, and these burros were standing in the road so we of course slowed down. They dashed towards our windows and stuck their heads in, before we could even stop or shut our windows! Just a tad startling ;)
Morgan was just loving it!


After driving around some more away from the herd, went further down the road and there was a few huge buffalo right next to the road. They were giving us quite the look! I finally had to tell Paul to put some space between us!!
 
He was right there! Unbelievable! I wish I knew how to post video clips off my camera on to here! Got one of the this guy and you can hear how excited the kids were.
Heading out of the park and we saw this Bighorn sheep with his little herd.
And of course a few antelopes roaming around.

Was super fun! and I can't wait to go back with the bigger zoom lens!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments! I love to hear from my blog readers :)

Kendra Jean Photography

Hello! I am a boutique Portrait and Wedding photographer in Phoenix, Arizona. In each session, I strive to capture your true personalities in a fun and relaxed way. My images are FUN, FRESH and GENUINE. My weddings are a mixture of capturing the emotions, and moments of your day mixed in with very natural posed images. My post processing style is very natural and fresh and I try to not do overly processed images that will go out of style over the years. I want you to treasure your images and display them in your homes for years and years!

I hope you would take the time and get to know my style through this blog and my website, and if you like what you see I would love to hear from you! Whether it is through a comment or through a phone call or email! If you have any questions give me a shout. I look forward to hearing from all of you! :)

Phoenix portrait photographer, family photographer phoenix az, newborn photographer phoenix, senior photographer phoenix, scottsdale family photographer, az photographer, child photographer phoenix az