Thursday, August 14, 2008

Engagement sessions

Sometimes when you book a session, you start out worrying about what to wear, how your going to look, etc... Here are a few ideas from me to make your session a little less stressful. I always encourage my clients to do an engagement shoot because it gives us the chance to work together before the wedding. Not only will you come away with some amazing photos of the two of you but gives me a chance to get to know you a little and at the same time gain comfort with each other.

Before the engagement shoot we can come up with fun ideas for where we can do your engagement shoot or different ideas of what you enjoy doing together. We don't have to shoot at a park, we can do anywhere that you would like! I've done fun downtown locations, a coffee shop, at homes! Let's go somewhere unique so you can get shots that reflect who you are as a couple! Come to your session expecting to interact and get close to each other! Basically you will interact and focus on one another alot more than on the camera.

I like to tell clients to wear casual clothes to the shoot--something you would feel comfortable sitting on the ground in. And, you can wear whatever you would like, but I do suggest you stay away from busy patterns or anything that would draw the eye away from your faces.

Another, is the lighting, the best lighting is just before sunset. So when you schedule, I usually do shoots an hour and a half before sun down. These same things apply for family, I love to capture the family interacting with each other, and overall just having a good time with each other. To get your true emotions!


You can use this chart as your reference...

1 comment:

Thank you for the comments! I love to hear from my blog readers :)

Kendra Jean Photography

Hello! I am a boutique Portrait and Wedding photographer in Phoenix, Arizona. In each session, I strive to capture your true personalities in a fun and relaxed way. My images are FUN, FRESH and GENUINE. My weddings are a mixture of capturing the emotions, and moments of your day mixed in with very natural posed images. My post processing style is very natural and fresh and I try to not do overly processed images that will go out of style over the years. I want you to treasure your images and display them in your homes for years and years!

I hope you would take the time and get to know my style through this blog and my website, and if you like what you see I would love to hear from you! Whether it is through a comment or through a phone call or email! If you have any questions give me a shout. I look forward to hearing from all of you! :)

Phoenix portrait photographer, family photographer phoenix az, newborn photographer phoenix, senior photographer phoenix, scottsdale family photographer, az photographer, child photographer phoenix az