Tuesday, August 3, 2010

F.A.Q's | Lightroom | Kendra Jean Photography

I have been asked what editing programs I use, so I decided to use my last session and show you a couple examples of my editing. I do the majority of all my editing with Lightroom, and I love it! Super fast and organized. I love being able to go through my whole session/wedding and rating which ones to keep and than going to work on that folder with only the ones that I kept. So quick. I love being able to click through the pictures with the arrow keys, moving sliders with the arrows etc. Open up a picture move a few sliders and move on to the next image. My workflow goes so much faster since Lightroom! I do still use Photoshop for some minor fixes if necessary or to do some more cropping. But, very little is done in photoshop.

Here is one image SOOC...
lightroom tips for photographers

And this is after with a few minor adjustments on the sliders!
lightroom tips for photographers

Again, the before...
lightroom tips for photographers

and a few quick slides!
lightroom tips for photographers


So quick and easy, I love it!

These are a couple images that needed a little more work than I typically do. Shooting in manual, using back button focusing, and trying to stay away from the flash, I try my best to get my images correct while shooting to save time during editing. But this day, the sun decided to stay hidden for most of the time behind some pretty dark clouds! with a few peeks of sun here and there.

I just love that I am able to adjust each photo so quickly! Stay tuned for a separate post about adjusting your Skin tones.

If you have any specific questions that you would like to see blogged about, DO let me know! What would you like to see blogged about?


Also, don't forget to take my Blog reader Survey HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments! I love to hear from my blog readers :)

Kendra Jean Photography

Hello! I am a boutique Portrait and Wedding photographer in Phoenix, Arizona. In each session, I strive to capture your true personalities in a fun and relaxed way. My images are FUN, FRESH and GENUINE. My weddings are a mixture of capturing the emotions, and moments of your day mixed in with very natural posed images. My post processing style is very natural and fresh and I try to not do overly processed images that will go out of style over the years. I want you to treasure your images and display them in your homes for years and years!

I hope you would take the time and get to know my style through this blog and my website, and if you like what you see I would love to hear from you! Whether it is through a comment or through a phone call or email! If you have any questions give me a shout. I look forward to hearing from all of you! :)

Phoenix portrait photographer, family photographer phoenix az, newborn photographer phoenix, senior photographer phoenix, scottsdale family photographer, az photographer, child photographer phoenix az