Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Spray paint fun...

I have wanted to paint these and make a hook/hanging system for a while, so over the weekend I finally did them both!

These candle holders were just not me anymore, so a little paint and now I just love them again! Well almost, now I need to find some cute new candles! :)

 This old cabinet door from my moms house, was just the perfect size to paint and add hooks to it for the kiddos backpacks/jackets etc.

I brought the two oldest to Ace to pick a paint color and of course they both picked a different color so I solved it and picked one on my own! I love the green! Now, to just get holes drilled in (behind 2 of the hooks) to get it hung up!
Now that I have those done, the bedroom/bathroom doors are next. And the kitchen table too maybe! I haven't decided if I want to do a color? or stay black! There is a few knicks in it, so I want to freshen it up. What should I do? Color or keep black??

4 comments:

  1. Good job, I'm impressed! I like the candle holders alot better. You're going to have to give a tutorial on exactly how you outfitted the door with hooks because I have 2 big leaves from an old table that I've had around for years and have been wanting to turn them into shelf/ hooks. Thanks for re-inspiring me.

    As for the table. I would say stick to nuetrals, and accessorize with color! What about a french gray? The new nuetral? And spray paint your chairs a color, or leave them black? Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Heidis idea of nuetral with colored chairs. Just make sure to put enough clear coats on it (you can do matte if you dont like gloss) and it shouldnt knick at all. I loved the cabinet the way it was but i like the painted one too, I am always looking for cabinets for my signs, they are hard to come by:( But that turned our really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know lindsey! I liked it too, the way it was, but I wanted a fun color for the kids room! That was the original reason for taking it from my moms, was to make a sign. But never thought of where I would put it! Or what I wanted it to say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color and the idea for the hooks! So much fun to find new things to make out of old. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! I love to hear from my blog readers :)

Kendra Jean Photography

Hello! I am a boutique Portrait and Wedding photographer in Phoenix, Arizona. In each session, I strive to capture your true personalities in a fun and relaxed way. My images are FUN, FRESH and GENUINE. My weddings are a mixture of capturing the emotions, and moments of your day mixed in with very natural posed images. My post processing style is very natural and fresh and I try to not do overly processed images that will go out of style over the years. I want you to treasure your images and display them in your homes for years and years!

I hope you would take the time and get to know my style through this blog and my website, and if you like what you see I would love to hear from you! Whether it is through a comment or through a phone call or email! If you have any questions give me a shout. I look forward to hearing from all of you! :)

Phoenix portrait photographer, family photographer phoenix az, newborn photographer phoenix, senior photographer phoenix, scottsdale family photographer, az photographer, child photographer phoenix az